Save-On-Foods has a long history in B.C., with roots that date back more than 100 years. For all that time, Save-On-Foods has been known for being a great neighbour in the community and taking pride in feeding Western Canadian families. Our team members live and work in the communities we serve, and are passionate about ensuring their communities continue to thrive well into the future by supporting the health of Western Canadian kids.
BC Children’s Hospital provides life-changing care every day to thousands of kids across B.C. and the Yukon. Knowing the company is helping enable the talented staff and volunteers at the hospital provide that care inspires Save-On-Foods’ team members, customers and supplier partners to really get behind the cause and make a difference.
We are proud to be participating in the following events to support B.C. Children’s Hospital and other children’s hospitals across Western Canada:
- Jeans Day – May 3
- “An annual, [British Columbia]-wide fundraiser that encourages everyone to buy a $20 pin or $5 button and wear denim to support BC Children’s Hospital.” You can purchase your pin at your local Save-On-Foods! For more information about Jeans Day click here.
- Round Up for Kids – May 4-17
- Customers can join us in helping provide advanced medical care to kids by Rounding Up for Kids! From May 4-17, round up your grocery bill to the nearest dollar – every cent raised will go towards bringing care to kids!
- Miracle Weekend – June 2-3
- “Miracle Weekend is a two-day celebration, broadcast live on Global BC, that showcases the best of B.C. Children’s Hospital and celebrates the fundraising efforts undertaken throughout the year.” During the telethon, our Save-On-Foods Miracle Makers ask family, friends and business colleagues to donate. Last year, Save-On-Foods’ team members, customers and supplier partners raised an incredible $2,006,800.30 for BC Children’s Hospital and presented the donation at the 2017 Miracle Weekend telethon.
Save-On-Foods has been a steadfast supporter of children’s hospitals in Western Canada for decades and celebrated reaching 30 years of partnering with BC Children’s Hospital in 2017 – having donated $30 million over that time. Save-On-Foods has since pledged to raise another $15 million to help the hospital foundation build an immunization clinic, which was opened in October of 2017.
“Our generous team members, customers and suppliers have embraced our company’s commitment to improving child health in B.C. and across Western Canada, and another successful year of their creative fundraisers proves how much BC Children’s Hospital means to our communities,” said Save-On-Foods president Darrell Jones. “Thank you so much to our Save-On-Foods family – your generosity will help thousands of families when they need vital support from the experts at BC Children’s Hospital.”