Visit your local Save-On-Foods store for a large variety of peaches to choose from, not to mention lots of peach dishes. Find BC Grown peaches in a 10lb flat, or bulk. We also have whiteflesh, organic and doughnut peaches too! Savour every bit of the season by enjoying this delicious stone fruit.
- To ripen overly firm peaches, place them in a brown paper bag for two to three days.
- Toss sliced peaches with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning.
- A ripe peach will ‘give’ a little with gentle pressure, but they are delicate so handle carefully to avoid bruising.
Peaches are perfect with ice cream, in crepes, on crackers and of course in desserts! In this week’s flyer you’ll find Peach Mango Strudels, Peach Ambrosia Salad, Peach Cake, Western Family Peach and Mango Hummus Topper, Peach Crepes and of course farm fresh peaches!
Our peaches come from local BC growers, and are perfect for canning. Learn more about them here.
- Peaches are best canned with fully ripe
- Blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds for easy peeling
- Simple Syrup: 3 1/4 cups of white sugar + 5 cups of water will yield 7 cups of syrup
Refresh your weeknight dinners with this fresh and light meal, perfect for hot summer evening.
A new twist on fresh summer salad. The unique combination of flavours will delight your taste buds.