Chicken – it doesn’t have to be the same ol’ boring dinner week after week. Chicken is easy, delicious and can be inspired by many different cultures.
With some simple tips and tasty recipes, you’re going to win dinner!
In a chicken rut? Get to know other cuts of chicken to help you explore new tasty meal options!
- Half/Quarter chicken- perfect or Sunday dinner and yah, leftovers!
- Cubes & strips- seasoned to taste and we know its a every kid’s top choice for dinner.
- Ground chicken- substitute any ground beef recipe with ground chicken. Get creative with your burger recipes!
- Bone-in skin-on breast-full of flavour and great when done on the BBQ.
- Bone-in skinless breast- baked in the oven for perfection.
- Boneless skinless breast- perfect for soups or stew when sliced or cubed.
- Wings- every night is game night with wings.
- Bone-in skin-on & skinless drumstick- one pan meal-done!
- Bone-in skin-on & skinless and boneless skinless thigh- love the tasty darker meat? This cut is for you.
Those Chicken labels can be difficult to decipher, so here’s an easy to use guide for understanding your choices!
How you handle your chicken can be crucial to help prevent cross contamination and illness. Here are some safety tips when handling those fresh or frozen chicken pieces.
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water before and after handling raw chicken.
- Wash cutting boards, counters and dishes with hot soapy water.
- Defrost food in refrigerator, cold water, or microwave.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure food is properly cooked.
- Refrigerate leftovers in shallow containers within 2 hours.
- Throw out leftovers after 3 days.
Check out this week’s easy and tasty recipes!