From the very beginning, Save-On-Foods has actively supported the communities in which we operate. After all, those communities support us too. So whether it’s by sponsoring local sporting events, contributing to charities or providing community services, we’re proud to be good neighbors.
Here are a few examples of ways we’ve supported our communities over the years.
We’re proud to support organizations that are dedicated to the health and wellbeing of our provinces’ youngest residents.
- We’ve partnered with BC Children’s Hospital for over 30 years. During those three decades, we’ve donated more than $30 million to ensure a brighter future for BC’s kids.
- We’ve contributed more than $1 million to the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation to help fund excellence in family-centred care.
- We provide weekly groceries to the Save-on-Foods Pantry at Ronald McDonald House BC & Yukon, helping to make families’ stays as comfortable and close to home as possible during difficult times.
- We’re proud supporters of the new, state-of-the-art Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital in Saskatoon.
- Proceeds from fundraising efforts in our Winnipeg stores go directly to the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba. We support the Teddy Bear Picnic in May, which is one of the largest family-run events in the province and attracts approximately 50,000 people.
We’re in the business of making sure people across Western Canada have access to healthy food—and we proudly support organizations who provide it to those who aren’t able to purchase it themselves.
- In a typical year, we donate approximately $3 million in goods to local food banks across Western Canada, provided by our stores to their local food banks on a weekly basis.
- Since 2018 we’ve raised $550,000 for Western Canadian food banks through our annual Share It Forward event.
- Alongside the Government of British Columbia and the BC Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation, we are a proud founding partner of the BC School Fruit and Vegetable Snack Program. By the end of 2018 we had distributed 6,888,324 servings of fruits and vegetables to more than 530,000 school-aged children across BC.
- The Grocery Foundation’s Toonies for Tummies is a nationwide program that supports student nutrition programs in Ontario and Western Canada. During our Toonies for Tummies campaigns, customers can donate $2 at the checkout, with 100% of all donations staying in the community in which they were made. Our goal is to ensure that kids who come to school hungry don’t stay that way.