Our Response to COVID-19In all of our stores across Western Canada, we have taken extraordinary measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and meet the unprecedented consumer demand on our stores and online shopping services.
The health and safety of our team members and customers is our number one priority. We will always follow the guidance of our public health authorities to ensure our stores are safe places to work and to shop.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we implemented:
- Increased daily cleaning and sanitation protocols
- A COVID-19 positive task force
- A thorough process of contact tracing
- Self-screening protocols, and
- Best practices in all departments to reduce the spread of COVID-19 on high-touch surfaces and in common areas.
We have developed our own infectious disease plan that often goes above and beyond provincially required minimums should we face a similar public health crisis in the future.
- We’ve increased our already high standards on food safety, sanitation and cleanliness
- Team members wash their hands regularly and frequently disinfect high-touch surfaces
- Team members self-assess using a symptom checker and self-screening tool prior to every shift
- Physical distancing is encouraged
- We’ve installed plexiglass shields in pharmacies and at checkouts
- We’ve added delivery vans to our fleet to keep up with the surge in online shopping
- We’ve changed to contactless pickup and delivery processes to ensure team member and customer safety
- We’ve temporarily closed our offices to visitors
- We have a task force that’s guiding the implementation of protocols to best protect our team members and customers in accordance with the advice of health authorities
- We’re encouraging physical distancing and other best practices at all times
For the latest news from Save-On-Foods, please visit In the News