Getting ready for the holidays can be a big task. When you make your list of gifts to buy, food for hosting, and everything else that comes along with the season, don’t forget about getting your house ready too.
We want to help make your holidays a bit easier this year. If you want to get ahead of the game, start early! Get your home clean and tidy before all the decorations go up, and your friends and family come over for your annual holiday party, or Christmas Eve dinner. Plus, start baking now. Bake up a bunch of delicious treats and throw them in the freezer. When you’re ready to serve, pop them into the oven or thaw them out and you’re good to go! No last minute baking fiasco’s for you!
Getting Your Home Ready
Follow our easy guide below to get your home ready for the holiday season.
Quick & Easy Declutter
Get that productive, clean feeling in just a few minutes by tackling one small area at a time. If you are up to declutter, start here:
Up for more of a challenge?
Take one room at a time or divide and conquer by task – whatever works for you! Here are some quick and easy tips to polish off a few more areas. Get everything you need to sparkle right here.
- Dust: Ceiling fans, window sills, blinds, shelves and the tops and fronts of washers and dryers with Swiffer Dusters
- Furniture: Wipe down coffee tables, bookcases and entertainment centres with Swiffer Dust & Shine Furniture Polish
- Countertops & Appliances: Wipe down large and small appliances using Bounty with Dawn
- Walls & Doors: Wipe clean and get rid of scuff marks with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Wash: Launder curtains, floor mats and linens
- Floors: Vacuum and clean floors in high traffic areas with Swiffer Sweeper and Swiffer Wet Jet
- Air: Spraying Febreze Air Effects adds an instant burst of freshness
- Blankets: Don’t forget to get all those Christmas blankets and throws out of storage and freshen them up for the season.
- Clean out: Do a total refrigerator cleanout and clean your kitchen sink basin and fixtures
TIP: Don’t miss the tops of ceiling fan blades! Make it the first task in the room. Dust with Swiffer 360° Dusters Extender: it helps trap and lock dust, common inanimate allergens from cat and dog dander, and dust mite matter.
Holiday Baking – Ahead of Time
Get your home smelling divine with a selection of tasty treats! Whip some of these up ahead of the holiday rush so you’re well prepared for holiday parties and any unexpected guests that may drop by. Click here to browse some of our favourite recipes this year!
Festive Activity: Arrange with your friends to have a cookie exchange. Just make a lot of one or two types of cookies each and then swap to get a bit selection of delicious treats.
TIP: Don’t forget to decorate the kitchen for the Christmas season. It will help create a festive mood for holiday baking
Follow these simple steps to get ahead and relieve some of the pre-holiday stress this time of year.